It turns out that early last week I was nominated for Liebster Award, from a blogger that I’ve been reading pretty often the past few months. I was very excited and flattered to read that Ryan @ Impersonal Finance had nominated me for the award. It was nice surprise to come back to after a week of vacation and dealing with hosting problems that prevented me from putting out some posts before I left for vacation! If you have never checked out his blog, you definitely should as he always writes great posts and has a good sense of humor.About the Liebster Award
Here is what is supposed to happen if you are nominated for a Liebster Award:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
So now I’m going to answer the questions that were given to me!
1. Your job transfers you, and you have to move out of state. What city/state would you want to move to?
Hmm this is a tough one. Probably somewhere like Washington/Oregon or Colorado. A place that gets a lot of sun but isn’t as humid as it is here on the East Coast. I wouldn’t want to on the coast there though, too much rain! The other option would just be moving further South so winter wouldn’t be as bad, but I still enjoy having all the seasons no matter where I am.
2. Who is your favorite band/artist of all time?
I like a ton of different kind of music, so another difficult one here. I’d have to say either the Red Hot Chili Peppers or New Found Glory. Most people probably haven’t heard of New Found Glory, so maybe I’m still just an angsty teen at heart.
3. If you were friends with Doc Brown, and he let you borrow the DeLorean, when would you travel to and why?
I’d like to go around 200-300 years into the future, it would be cool to see what kind of advancements in technology and science we would have made.
4. What’s the best finance related book you’ve ever read?
I’ve actually not read that many finance books. So I’ll pick “I Will Teach You to Be Rich” by Ramit Sethi. It was really basic and simple, but explained a lot of things to me or made me curious to look up more of the details on other topics.
5. What is your favorite board game of all time?
I’m going to have to go with the classics of Monopoly or Parcheesi. Lately I’ve been playing Ticket to Ride with some of my friends though, it’s a lot of fun.
6. If you could have learned one skill as a child, what would it be?
Either more automobile/mechanic knowledge or basic electrician knowledge. There’s still time to learn though!
7. What can you never resist?
For food – Pasta and for dessert key lime pie. For things I usually can’t resist anything related to hockey as well as electronic gadgets, computers, etc.
8. If you find a lamp with a genie who would grant you 3 wishes, what would they be? Typical genie wish granting guidelines apply (no extra wishes, can’t make anyone fall in love, can’t kill anyone).
I’ll go with a personal finance theme here.
1. Pay off all my student loan debt as well as the rest of my girlfriend’s college education and her student loan debt.
2. Reasonably sized house that is fully paid off
3. Enough income to be able to travel a few months out of the year, and pursue a job that I would be able to do on my own time and something that I truly enjoyed.
9. Dogs or cats (there is a correct answer)?
This is a tough one, I’ve actually never had either. My girlfriend loves both of them though! I think I’m going to have to go with cats here at this point in time.
10. You could have brunch with one person. Real or imaginary. Who would it be?
Jaromir Jagr or Warren Buffett
Once again I want to give a shout out to Ryan @ Impersonal Finance as I wouldn’t even be making this post if it wasn’t for his nomination. Go check out and subscribe to his blog if you haven’t already! I’m going to be writing a follow-up to this post with my nominations and questions as soon as possible, so stay tuned for that.